After School Club Opportunity Registration, School Pictures, and April Vacation Travel Reminder
April 9, 2021
Happy Friday! Today we are sharing information regarding a few upcoming events.
1) Upcoming Registration for a Virtual Games After School Club Opportunity: Thank you for contributing valuable input into potential after school club opportunities through our recent family survey. Parents/guardians expressed very high interest in students’ potential participation, and we have been collaborating with PAG leaders to explore safe ideas and timelines. On the immediate horizon, we will offer a Virtual Games club this spring led by our faculty, when students can participate in strategy games together from their homes. Virtual Games was the highest rated topic by families in our recent survey.
- Session Length: 6 Week Session, with the club running once per week for 90 minutes. Clubs will run from the first week in May through our second to last week of the school year.
- Cost: $180 (which equates to $20 for each 90 minute club meeting).
- Dates: Virtual Games will be offered for High School- PHS students on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30pm (5/4 – 6/8) and for students up through Grade 8 on Thursdays from 4:00-5:30pm (5/6 – 6/10).
- Registration: On Monday of next week (4/12) please be on the lookout for an email with registration and club information. We anticipate that we may have more students who are interested than we may be able to accommodate in this first session. Therefore, our sign-ups will be first come first serve basis. However, if some students are not able to enroll for this spring session we will be happy to prioritize them for a future club if they remain interested.
2) School Pictures – Tuesday, 4/27 (with a make-up date of Friday, 5/7): Now that the spring weather has happily arrived, we are scheduled to take outdoor pictures of students for our 2020-2021 school yearbook. If families would like to receive a digital copy, you are invited to please complete and have your student turn in the attached form with $5 (cash or check made out to “Milestones Day School”) on or before Tuesday, 4/27. For our remote students, our Yearbook team or your case manager will separately reach out to request a photo for your student prior to our Yearbook submission deadline.
3) Travel Reminder: As we approach our April school vacation, it’s important for us to offer a reminder about the importance of continuing health and safety practices. Milestones’ previously issued travel policy is still in effect until 5/3. Therefore, if your family does travel outside of Massachusetts in the interim, we ask that you please continue to notify your case manager and/or Lyn Ross (School Nurse) regarding the dates of your travel and whether your student(s) will be quarananting outside of school for 10+ days upon your return to MA or if your student(s) will obtain a PCR test 3+ days after returning to MA. PCR test results should please be shared with Lyn Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org for clearance documentation.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, and have a wonderful weekend with your families!