Fall Newsletter and Sign-Up Reminder for our Onsite COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic this Friday, November 19th
November 15, 2021
We hope that you enjoyed a nice weekend with your families, and it was a pleasure to see some of you at last week’s Parent Advisory Group meeting. Today we have 2 updates to share.
1) Fall Newsletter: Attached is our fall issue of our Milestones Matters newsletter. At your convenience, we hope that you enjoy reading about select highlights from happenings taking place at school.
2) Reminder to Sign-Up by tomorrow (Tuesday, 11/16/21) to participate in our free onsite COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic this Friday (11/19/21 from 1:00-2:30pm):
As we previously announced, Milestones is hosting a free onsite COVID-19 Vaccine clinic this upcoming Friday afternoon, 11/19/21 from 1:00-2:30pm. For this clinic, we are partnering with the same pharmacy provider that successfully collaborates with us for onsite Flu Vaccine clinics.
- Students: Students ages 12+ may participate in first time shots, and eligible students who are 17+ may be considered for a Booster. The clinic provider is not currently able to host combined clinics for individuals 12+ and the recently approved 5-11 youth at the same time. Our School Nurse (Lyn Ross) will outreach to families of our youngest students to consider the possibility of hosting a separate onsite clinic or to provide information regarding 5-11 vaccination opportunities in your local area. Milestones is delighted that the COVID-19 vaccine is now approved across our grade levels! Milestones and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) strongly encourage all students to be fully vaccinated to best protect themselves and others.
- Family Members: Family members of staff and students who are 12+ may participate in first time vaccines. Registered family members will be asked to wear masks and complete visitor health attestation forms on the day of the clinic.
- Questions: Our School Nurse (Lyn Ross) will be happy to assist families with any questions regarding vaccines and eligibility. She may be reached at: email@example.com or (781) 895-3200 x137.
- Registration and Requirements: If you would like to have your student/family participate and have not yet registered, please fill out the survey link below and return required paperwork (attached consent form and copy of insurance card for each participant) to our School Nurse by tomorrow (Tuesday, 11/16/21). Participants who are scheduled to receive Booster shots should also bring a copy of their vaccination card to the onsite clinic.
Thank you for your consideration. In addition, later this week we intend to circulate a subsequent schoolwide email that will include a copy of the meeting minutes from our recent PAG meeting.