Important Back to School Virtual Resources and Flu Vaccine Opportunity
September 29, 2021
As we prepare for tomorrow evening’s Back to School Night meetings and our informational session on the topic of “Resources and Support for Parents/Guardians Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine,” we are sharing two important announcements.
1) Back to School Virtual Backpack: Please review the Back to School Virtual Backpack for a set of resources and save-the-date calendar reminders. The components of this packet are relevant for all parents and guardians across grade levels and include:
(1) Boxtops for Education: A key fundraiser for the PAG is the Boxtops for Education program. The process is now digital. Flyers are included to assist families with downloading the app and scanning store receipts to help raise money for the PAG.
(2) PAG Meeting Dates/Times: Milestones Parent Advisory Group (PAG) will hold 4 virtual meetings for the 2021-2022 school year. Meetings are open to all Milestones parents/guardians and you may attend as often as you wish. Each meeting includes time for discussion and a training on a parent requested topic. Links for joining these virtual meetings and the title of the assigned training presentation will be circulated prior to each meeting.
(3) PAG Informal Social Opportunity: Parents/guardians are invited to informally socialize together for coffee on Friday, October 15th (rain date is October 22nd) at 12:00pm. The location is the Panera restaurant (outdoor tables) located at 1030 Main Street in Waltham.
(4) PJ Day for Students and Faculty This Friday (October 1st): We are offering an optional School Spirit Day this Friday, October 1st. All interested students and faculty are invited to wear pajamas for a cozy fall school day.
(5) 2020-2021 Yearbook Ordering Information: Our school yearbook for the 2020-2021 school year has been finalized and is available for direct purchasing.
(6) PHS Merchandise for Sale: Our Post High School students have been hard at work learning how to start and run a small business! The “Gateway Student Store” is up and running and parents/guardians are encouraged to consider placing orders to support the growth of this initiative.
(7) Milestones Family Directory: To facilitate families’ ability to connect with one another, contact information is provided for current families who consent to be included in our annual family directory. If you would like to request an addition or update to your contact information, please notify your case manager for assistance.
2) Onsite Flu Vaccination Clinic: Tuesday, October 12th: Please see below for an opportunity to have your student(s) participate in our free onsite flu vaccination clinic that is open to all students. We have attached a copy of the required consent form with information about the flu vaccine to this email.
We are pleased to announce that we will again be offering the Free Onsite Flu Shot Clinic to All Students and All Staff.
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 from 10:00AM – 1:00PM
Where: Onsite at Milestones
Click Link to Schedule and Confirm Your Student’s Time Slot: www.mhealthsystem.com/MilestonesSchool
You will need to provide a signed consent form and a copy of your student’s medical insurance card.
Sign Up for A Time Slot
Provide Copy of Health Insurance Card
Provide Signed Consent Form (signed by a parent/guardian if the student is under 18; signed by the student if the student is over 18)
IMPORTANT: If you would like your student to participate, please email or turn in hard copies of the required consent form and a copy of the medical insurance card to our School Nurse, Lyn Ross: LRoss@advancingmilestones.com OR Your Student’s Case Manager.
* All forms are due by Wednesday, October 6th if you would like your student to participate in the onsite clinic.
We look forward to “seeing” many of our families at tomorrow evening’s events. As a reminder, links to tomorrow’s virtual meetings and our COVID-19 Vaccine information session were shared by case managers in students’ weekly update emails sent on Friday, September 24th.