January Calendar Reminders including PAG Meeting Login Information (1/14/22) and COVID-19 Announcement (1/7/22) and Information
January 9, 2022
Dear Families and Faculty,
We hope you have had a restful long weekend beginning with Friday’s snow day. This update includes January scheduling reminders, information about this upcoming Friday’s virtual Parent Advisory Group meeting, and additional COVID-19 information.
1) Virtual PAG meeting and Parent Training: Friday, January 14th (10:00-11:30am)
- All parents/guardians are invited to join us for our second virtual PAG meeting and training of this school year on Friday, 1/14 from 10:00-11:30am. The parent requested topic of the training presentation is: “Transitions Services: Life After Milestones,“ which will be led by Kristen Omelia (Director of Family Supports with the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services). You do not need to RSVP in advance to attend this meeting.
- PAG Meeting Login information:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 869 9690 6129
2) No School for Holiday Observance: Monday, January 17th
- As a reminder, Milestones will be closed on Monday, 1/17 (MLK Day of Recognition).
3) COVID-19 Announcement and Update
- We were notified on Friday, 1/7/22 (snow day) that a faculty member tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was on campus during the period of infectiousness and is unrelated to prior notifications. On Friday Milestones applied the timelines set forth by DESE/DPH and completed contact tracing, and there were very few identified close contacts and none were students. The very few identified faculty were contacted by our School Nurse this weekend for notification. If faculty did not speak to our School Nurse this weekend you were not identified as a close contact and there is no change to your schedule.
- As we announced previously, our School Nurse and members of our Administration thoughtfully consulted with our Task Force, the Waltham Board of Health, our consulting physician’s office, and DESE throughout last week to review the updated DESE/DPH guidelines in relation to our school population. These complex discussions have been ongoing, and the Waltham Board of Health participated in additional planning meetings with their advisory parties last week that resulted in providing further guidance to Milestones during our snow-day long weekend. In the meantime, (1) Milestones has considered all positive test results (PCRs and antigens) as confirmed positive cases. (2) If individuals experience signs of illness but test negative outside of school our School Nurse has continued to apply a cautious and individualized approach regarding school clearance or directing further time outside of school for the improvement/resolution of symptoms and/or repeat rule-out testing or physician follow-ups. (3) In addition, Milestones’ clearance protocol for individuals who have been isolating due to COVID-19 has continued to exceed both the revised DESE isolation duration and the individualized clearance requirements from medical providers. We anticipate welcoming back select individuals throughout this week. To ensure diligence, our Task Force will be best positioned to confirm Milestones’ revised COVID-19 protocol guidance in this upcoming week ahead. Families and faculty should please continue to stay very attentive with daily health attestations and should remain in active communication with our School Nurse regarding any notifications, concerns, or individualized questions regarding testing and clearance criteria.
Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to seeing families on Friday at our virtual PAG meeting!