Minutes from January’s Parent Advisory Group Meeting, Second Scholastic Book Fair Opportunity, and Potential Snow in the Forecast
January 29, 2021
Today we are sharing information from our recent PAG meeting on 1/15/21, announcing a second opportunity to participate in our Scholastic Book fair, and providing a heads-up about potential snow in the forecast.
1) Parent Advisory Group Minutes: Members of our administration and reading department enjoyed meeting with parents/guardians who were able to join us at our recent Parent Advisory Group meeting on 1/15/21. Attached are copies of our meeting minutes and the slide deck from our training presentation on “Dyslexia.” The meeting minutes also include a list of community activities that are taking place this winter and spring that may be of interest to families.
- Presentation Recording: Some families expressed interest in receiving an audio recording of this presentation to follow along with slides. If you already outreached to us to request a copy of the recording, Heidi Warren (Project Coordinator) will directly share the recording with you. If additional families would like to receive the audio recording, please notify Heidi: email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to assist.
- Next PAG Meeting and Parent Training on Friday, March 5th (10:00-11:30am): We look forward to meeting with families again at our next virtual PAG meeting on March 5th. The presentation topic will be related to behavior support, which is frequently requested by parents/guardians. BCBAs will lead a training on: “De-escalation and Limit Setting.”
2) Scholastic Book Fair – March 1st-14th: We received feedback that some families missed the opportunity to purchase books during our Scholastic Book Fair that took place before the winter holidays. We’re happy to announce that Scholastic has offered us an opportunity to host a second online book fair from March 1st-14th, which overlaps with Dr. Suess’s birthday and National Read Across America Day. For all book orders placed, Milestones will earn 25% in book rewards to support new materials for our school. The link to the fair will be: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/bulldogs
3) Snow Preparations: Today we asked students to take home their computers, chargers and any necessary materials this weekend “just in case” because there is a potential for significant snow in the forecast. If wheather impacts Monday’s schedule, we will notify all families by automated voicemail and email on Sunday evening, by no later than 7:00pm. If you do not receive a school wide notification on Sunday, then school on Monday will be a full onsite day as usual. We ask that parents/guardians please assist your students with remembering to bring their laptops, chargers etc. back onsite to school.
Thank you, and have a great weekend!