PAG After School Club Survey, PAG Meeting Login, and Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Information
November 8, 2021
Today we have 3 announcements to share.
1) Quick PAG After School Club Survey: In preparation for our virtual Parent Advisory Group meeting this Friday (11/12), the PAG is interested in quickly gauging the level of potential interest from families in offering 2 virtual after school clubs led by external organizations. The focus of these clubs would include cooking and coding.
- If your student(s) may be interested in one or both of these offerings, PAG leaders would appreciate it if families could please respond to the survey linked below by Thursday of this week (November 11th) at 5:00pm to express interest and availability. Responding to this survey does not confirm a commitment, but it will help PAG leaders with potential planning.
- Survey Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCLM_aD7DNWFlxrGPdSbk2gfXgWqmeWJ46SraXINxcfcFl6Q/viewform
2) PAG Meeting and Parent Training Reminder – Friday, November 12th from 10:00-11:30am: All Milestones parents/guardians are invited to join us for our first virtual Parent Advisory Group meeting of the school year this upcoming Friday. Each meeting includes time for discussion among families and members of our administration on topics that are valuable for parents/guardians as well as a training on a parent-requested topic. The training topic for this meeting is “Dating and Autism” led by Bill Salloway, Psy.D. Parents/guardians do not need to RSVP in advance, and the login information is below for joining this virtual meeting.
- Google Meet Login: meet.google.com/rcc-wajw-qkc
- Join by phone: 1-585-491-9087 (PIN: 456 575 148#)
3) Employee COVID-19 Vaccinations: Milestones has maintained an exceptionally high COVID-19 vaccination rate among faculty since school staff first became eligible for vaccines in the spring of 2021. Presently 97% of our employees are fully vaccinated with documentation on file at school, and nearly all pursued vaccination at the earliest opportunity in the spring. Beginning on 8/1/21, Milestones implemented a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all new hires to further insulate our school community. Subsequently we notified faculty this fall that we were implementing a universal COVID-19 vaccine mandate (unless they have an HR approved exemption on file). This decision was made proactively in the best interest of our students, faculty and staff. To date, Milestones has had zero instances of community-based spread since the start of the pandemic, and the small number of positive cases among faculty that have been identified since the approval of COVID-19 vaccines have exclusively been breakthrough cases.
Thank you for taking time to review information from our Parent Advisory Group, and we look forward to connecting with parents/guardians at this Friday’s meeting.