PAG Meeting Minutes (5/14/21), Indoor Mask Information, and Memorial Day Calendar Reminders
May 27, 2021
Today we have a calendar reminder for the holiday long weekend and updates from our Parent Advisory Group and Building Management company.
1) Parent Advisory Group Information:
- Meeting Minutes and Presentation Slides: Attached are meeting minutes from our last Parent Advisory Group meeting of the school year that took place on 5/14/21 as well as a copy of the slide deck from the “Writing at Milestones” presentation. If you would like to receive a copy of the recording of the Writing presentation to follow along with the slides, you’re invited to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our administrative team members will follow-up to provide you a link to the recording.
- PAG Social Coffee Reminder on Friday, 6/11 at 10:00am: We are currently tracking an estimated headcount for the PAG’s upcoming informal social get together. As a reminder, if you are interested in joining this in-person outdoor event, please RSVP to: email@example.com.The tentative location is Panera: 1030 Main Street in Waltham (outdoor tables), and we will circulate final information prior to the event. This will be a refreshing opportunity for Milestones’ parents/guardians to socialize together.
2) Indoor Masks: As we announced last week, Governor Baker and DESE are continuing to require mask use indoors in Massachusetts schools. Yesterday our Building Management company confirmed that they will no longer universally require masks in our office park beginning on 5/29/21 when the State mandate is lifted, unless individual businesses require their use in our respective spaces. This means that starting next week students may observe some individuals who are not affiliated with Milestones without masks when they are inside our building but not within Milestones’ designated areas. If students raise questions about this distinction, you can reassure them that we confirmed with Building Management that all approved visitors (ex: maintenance providers, Building Management staff etc.) will continue to wear masks indoors within Milestones while this policy is in effect.
3) Memorial Day Schedule: Tomorrow (Friday, 5/28) Milestones has a half-day (12:00pm dismissal), and we will be closed on Monday (5/31) in observance of Memorial Day.
We hope you have a wonderful long weekend!