Reminders for October and November
October 7, 2020
It was a pleasure to see many of you at our virtual Back to School Night last week. We had high attendance, and our team was very pleased to reconnect with families. We are also delighted to be back to offering full onsite instruction. Thank you for your ongoing partnership!
This week we are offering some helpful reminders about upcoming important dates and events in October and November.
Important Dates in October and November:
- This Friday, October 9th: Half-day (12:00pm dismissal) for staff and students leading into the holiday long weekend.
- Monday, October 12th: No school due to the Columbus Day holiday observance.
- Friday, October 16th: Requested deadline for parents/guardians to submit questions that you would like to have answered by members of our Task Force at our Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, October 20th. All families are welcome to submit questions even if you are not able to attend the Town Hall, as our responses will also be circulated to all families through meeting minutes. Questions may be submitted in the link below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuMZuHR2DpBzNIMP31GsNAf4Mjjopx18Qw_OhkwL4Z8A31-Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
- *Tuesday, October 20th from 2:00-3:00pm: *Fall Virtual Town Hall Meeting for parents/guardians to meet with select members of our Task Force to review matters related to our school’s fall reentry. During the summer, Milestones offered two successful Town Hall meetings to discuss our reopening protocols and processes. The purpose of this upcoming meeting will be to review our school proceedings since we have increased our onsite participation this fall. Families are invited to submit questions in advance to our task force, which will be answered during the meeting and circulated afterwards to all families. To register to attend the Town Hall, please RSVP to: RSVP@advancingmilestones.com. All parents/guardians who register will be provided login information for joining this virtual meeting.
- Friday, October 30th: Deadline to order 2019-2020 yearbooks. Yearbooks may be ordered at the following link: https://milestones2020.picaboo.com/ using the passcode: Bulldogs2020.
- *Halloween Planning: *Our team at Milestones is currently in the process of reviewing potential ideas regarding Halloween that would align with current safety parameters. This year Halloween falls on a Saturday, but our case managers will follow up with families later this month regarding our ideas for safely celebrating at school prior to the holiday.
- *Wednesday, November 11th: *Half-day (12:00pm dismissal) for all staff and students in recognition of Veteran’s Day.
- Friday, November 20th: First Virtual Parent Advisory Group meeting of the school year (10:00-11:30am). All parents and guardians are invited to attend, and you do not need to RSVP. The meeting will include a staff-led training on the topic of “Executive Functioning,” followed by time for discussion on a variety of topics that are important to the PAG. Login information will be circulated to all families prior to this meeting.
- Wednesday, November 25th: Half-day (12:00pm dismissal) for all staff and students leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday break.
- Thursday-Friday, November 26th-27th: No School due to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Last, as we approach the long weekend, we wanted to remind any family who may be planning to travel to please take note of the latest Massachusetts Travel Order guidelines as there have been states that were recently removed from the list of lower-risk states. You can find the most up to date information and guidelines at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order.
Thank you, and we hope that you have an enjoyable long weekend ahead with your families!