Second Date for Onsite Flu Clinic, Mask Recommendations, Upcoming Activities for Parents/Guardians and Important Dates
September 21, 2020
We hope you enjoyed a nice weekend. This week we have several additional helpful updates from our school leadership team and our reentry task force. By this Friday, families will also be provided more details about our Virtual Back to School Night on Thursday, 10/1/20.
(1) Second Date Has Been Added for the Free Onsite Flu Vaccine Clinic: As we shared last week, Milestones is partnering with an agency to offer a free onsite flu clinic next week for both staff and students. To ensure that we are able to offer this opportunity as widely as possible and to accommodate those who observe Yom Kippur, we have opened a second date for this clinic. The clinic will now be offered on both Monday, September 28th and Tuesday, September 29th. As stated previously, families should please turn in a copy of your student’s health insurance card and a signed consent form to Lyn Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org by this Thursday, September 24th if you would like your student to participate. At the time you submit your student’s paperwork, please notify us if your student will only be in attendance on a specific day, and we will schedule your student accordingly
(2) Mask Recommendations: We wish to thank our families with onsite learners for continuing to complete your daily health attestation forms and for supporting your students with their mask use at school. As we are continually monitoring our practices to promote safety, we have observed some students whose masks or face coverings appear to be loose fitting (ex: gaiters) or thin. The CDC recommends that masks fit closely and securely around one’s nose, mouth, and chin and have two or more layers to most effectively reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Milestones strongly recommends that parents/guardians please check to see if your students’ masks meet these guidelines and consider trying alternatives if they do not (ex: trying disposable medical masks, alternate cloth masks etc). If you have questions about your student’s mask use or would like support exploring alternatives, please contact your student’s case manager and we will be happy to assist.
(3) Back to School Night for Families with Students in Elementary, Middle School, and High School Up Through Grade 12: Our annual Back to School Night for parents/guardians will be taking place on Thursday, October 1st from 6:00-7:30pm. This year our meetings will take place virtually, and the evening will provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to meet with your student’s faculty and learn about your student’s curriculum and programming for the year ahead. Later this week, we will provide families additional information and instructions about Back to School Night.
(4) Fall Town Hall Meeting: During the summer, Milestones offered two successful Town Hall meetings when parents/guardians were invited to meet with members of our reentry task force to discuss our reopening protocols and processes. As Milestones is scheduled to resume full onsite instruction later this month, we have scheduled a Fall Virtual Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, October 20th from 2:00-3:00pm that is open to all interested parents/guardians. The purpose of the meeting will be to review our school proceedings as we have increased our onsite participation this fall. Families are invited to submit questions in advance to our task force, which will be answered during the meeting and circulated afterwards to all families.
To RSVP to attend the Virtual Town Hall, please email:
To submit questions to the task force that will be answered during the Town Hall meeting, please complete the following survey by Friday, October 16th:
(5) Important Dates in September and October:
Thursday, September 24th: Deadline to submit flu clinic registration paperwork *(i.e, copy of insurance card and attached consent form)*.
Week Beginning Monday, September 28th: First scheduled week of full onsite instruction for students who are registered for our full onsite model.
Monday and Tuesday, September 28th-29th: Onsite flu clinic dates.
Wednesday, September 30th: Half-day (12:00pm dismissal) for all students in order for staff to participate in professional development training.
Thursday, October 1st from 6:00-7:30pm: Virtual Back to School Curriculum Night for Parents/Guardians (i.e., Elementary, Middle, and High School up through grade 12).
Friday, October 9th: Half-day (12:00pm dismissal) for staff and students.
Monday, October 12th: No school for holiday observance.
Friday, October 16th: Requested deadline for parents/guardians to submit questions in advance for the Town Hall meeting.
Tuesday, October 20th from 2:00-3:00pm: Fall Virtual Town Hall Meeting for Parents/Guardians and Select Members of our Task Force.
Friday, October 30th: Deadline to order 2019-2020 yearbooks. *Yearbooks may be ordered at the following link:
https://milestones2020.picaboo.com/ using the passcode: Bulldogs2020.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, and have a great week ahead!