Winter Festival, PHS Valentine’s Day items for sale, and New Transitions Presentation for Parents/Guardians
January 28, 2022
Today we are sharing information about 3 topics for families’ involvement.
1) Valentine’s Day Items for Sale from the Post High School’s Gateway Store:
- Our PHS students are excited to share with families new items they are selling in time for Valentine’s Day! Please see the attached flyer for design ideas if you are interested in purchasing. An overview of the items for sale include:
- 24oz. Cold Cups ($12 per cup)
- 16oz. Hot Cups ($8 per cup)
- Regular Valentine’s Day Cards (1 for $3, 4 for $10)
- Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids (12 card variety for $6)
- Custom Design T-Shirts ($15 per shirt)
- Smartphone Cases ($10 per case)
- Small Pawprint Car Decals ($3 per decal)
- Customized Car Decals (starting at $3, send us your design wish)
- Order Information: Valentine orders should be placed by Monday, 2/7. Please email: GatewayCafe@advancingmilestones.com.
See the Valentine’s Day Flyer here.
2) Virtual Winter Festival:
- Attached is save-the-date information for Milestones’ annual Winter Festival on Thursday, 2/17 at 12:30pm! Families will have the opportunity to view live stream talent performances with participating students, and more information is to come through case managers. Each year this is a joyful event to showcase our students shining in their areas of interest! See the Winter Festival Flyer here.
3) Additional Transitions Presentation for Parents/Guardians This Spring: Friday, 4/8 at 10:00am:
- During our Parent Advisory Group earlier in January, we notified families that we were in the process of coordinating a second Transitions presentation for parents/guardians. We have confirmed that we will host a free webinar on: “Planning A Life: Transition Considerations for Your Child’s Future” with Leo Rotman (Certified Financial Planner) and Karen Mariscal (Attorney). See the webinar flyer here.
- As a reminder, Milestones is also scheduled to hold 2 additional PAG meetings this school year, which include trainings on parent-requested topics. Our next virtual PAG meeting is: Friday, 3/11 from 10:00-11:30am, and the presentation topic is “Anxiety and Pandemic Stress“ led by faculty from our Psychology department.
Thank you for your consideration regarding these events and opportunities, and we hope that your families have fun during this snowy winter weekend ahead!