Over the past few years, there have been many news stories of children with special needs who have wandered off or been separated from their parents. With the evolution of technology and global positioning trackers, protection for children is just a bracelet or necklace away. Tragedies can be averted with the tracking devices that can be worn as wristwatches, anklets or clipped onto belt loops or shoelaces. Here is a quick look at some of the newest devices.
- Amber Alert GPS – The Amber Alert GPS product is a durable, child-friendly product that allows children to call a parent through the touch of a button via AT&T’s 3G network, as well as allows parents to call and track their kids.
- Filip – This device is a simple mobile device that children aged between 5 and 11 could wear on their wrist.
- Angel Sense – AngelSense provides a GPS and voice monitoring solution to keep children with special needs safe and well cared-for. The solution includes a wearable GPS device – designed to address sensory issues and a friendly app based on smart analytics.
- Safety Link – SafetyLINK wearable devices are available as wristband, key fob, clip-on also self connect to the anchor device. When a child leaves home without permission the device sounds an alarm and send notifications to parents.
- Eyes On – The EZ-100 from EYEZ-ON gives families of wandering special needs children added peace of mind and the confidence to engage in activities and adventures with the whole family.
Talk to your child’s pediatrician or occupational therapist about which option would be best for your child.